HOW TO JOIN
Please click on the membership form link below - then print it out, fill in your school informaton and mail it along with your $50.(check, made payable to Morris Arts) to Morris Arts, 1 High Court Street, Morristown, NJ 07960.
Morris Arts does not charge either a fee or comission on any of the assembly or workshop programs we offer. In fact, Morris Arts is solely supported by your membership in addition to the generous support of funders and donors. Please take a moment to become a Morris Arts member or renew your school membership today.
With annual membership you will receive:
- Annual Arts Education Program Guide
- Free consulting service at any time to help you select programs suitable for your school or community setting.
- Invitations to our annual Arts in Education Showcase held at the Shakespeare Theatre of NJ. A "not to be missed" opportunity to preview over 30 different performers and network with cultural arts representatives from other schools.
- Invitations to our annual Cultural Arts Exchange - a gathering of cultural arts representatives from area schools to discuss and recommend programs of great merit.
- Invitations to our ongoing Arts Education Roundtable Series which address a variety of topics such as: Local Arts Resources, State Art Grant Opportunities, Fundraising for the Arts.
- Eligibility to be considered for Arts Residency Grants.
Access to Professional Development Workshops and offerings.
SCHOOL MEMBERSHIP FORM
HOW TO BOOK A PROGRAM
SELECTION Look over our Program Guide or website or attend our annual Arts Education Showcase and select the program best suited for your grades or events. We recommend that you consult with the principal and the teachers with classes attending the program for suggestions. Morris Arts education staff is also available for consultation to make suggestions based on your school’s interests.
IDENTIFY AVAILABLE DATES AND TIMES Check the school’s master calendar and choose at least three open dates. Decide how many performances are needed. If you have multiple performances on the same day, please allow 15 minutes between performances to allow for setup and to assemble the next group of students.
SCHEDULE YOUR PROGRAMS Contact the artist directly to book the shows you have selected. The artist will send you the necessary paperwork along with a study guide, technical requirements and payment procedure for the program you have selected. Please submit any necessary district, insurance or hold harmless forms early to the artists for timely processing.
CONFIRM DATES Once a date has been selected and confirmed with the artist, make sure your performances are on the school’s master calendar. Our artists are in heavy demand and it may be difficult to reschedule them if a conflict develops.
PERFORMANCE PREPARATION Prepare your students to view the performance with an introductory lesson from the study guide provided by the artist. Discuss proper behavior and etiquette for viewing a live performance.
PERFORMANCE DAY Plan to meet the artist before the first performance to get acquainted and help them find the equipment, dressing and performance area at your school. Make sure your students are in their seats and ready to view the performance at the starting time. Enjoy the show!